Introduction : SSC CGL (Combined Graduate Level Examination) The article will help candidates to have a better understanding of the exam pattern, syllabus, marking scheme of the exam & our classroom course for preparation of SSC CGL Exam.
Name of the Recruiting Body: The SSC is Central Governments Special Recruitment body for Group B/C/D posts.
Posts and Educational Qualification:
|SSC CGL Posts||Educational Qualifications|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University|
Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost & Management Accountant/Masters in Commerce/Masters in Business Studies
|Statistical Investigator Grade – II Post|
|Compiler Posts||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective Subject|
|All Other Posts||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent|
PHYSICAL FITNESS REQUIREMENTS :
There are certain pre requisite Physical Standards for Inspector (Central Excise/ Examiner/Preventive Officer), Sub-Inspector in CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) and Sub-Inspector in NIA (National Investigation Agency).
Citizenship : Candidate must be a citizen of India.
Post Wise Age Limit/Dept/ Function/ Pay Grades :
There are different set of age limits for different posts in SSC CGL Exam which are given below :
SSC CGL CHSL Class near me | Best SSC Classes in Nagpur
|Age group||Name of post||Department / Ministries||Class Fiction||Grade pay|
|18-27 years||Auditor||Officer Under CGDA||Group “C”||2800|
|Auditor||Other Ministries/Dept.||Group “C”||2800|
|Accountant||Officer under C & AG||Group “C”||2800|
|Accountant / Junior Accountant||Other Ministry/ Dept.||Group “C”||2800|
|Senior Secretariat Assistant / Upper Division clerks||Central Govt. offices Ministries other than CSCS cadres||Group “C”||2400|
|Tax Assistant||CBDT||Group “C”||2400|
|Sub-Inspector||Central Bureau of Narcotics||Group “C”||2400|
|Upper Division Clerk (UDC)||Dte. General Border Road Organisation (MoD) Only For Male Candidates||Group “C”||2400|
|18-30 years||Inspector Posts||Department of Post.||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant||Other ministries / Dept. / Org.||Group “B”||4600|
|20-27 years||Tax Assistant||CBEC||Group “C”||2400|
|20-30 years||Assistant Section officer||Central Secretariat Service||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant Section officer||Ministry of Railway||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant Section officer||Ministry of External Affairs||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant Section officer||AFHQ||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant||Other Ministries / Dept. / Org.||Group “B”||4600|
|Sub Inspector||Central Bureau of Investigation||Group “B”||4600|
|Not Exceeding 30 years||Inspector, (Central Excise)||CBEC||Group “B”||4600|
|Inspector||Central Bureau of Narcotics||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant||Other ministries / Dept. / Org.||Group “B”||4200|
|Inspector (Preventive officer)||CBEC||Group “B”||4600|
|Inspector (Examiner)||CBEC||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts Department Under CAG||Group B Gazetted (Non-Ministerial)||4800|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG||Group B Gazetted (Non-Ministerial)||4800|
|Assistant Section Officer||Intelligence Bureau||Bookman Old Style||4600|
|Assistant Section Officer||Other Ministries / Departments/ Organisations.||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant / Superintendent||Other Ministries / Departments/ Organisations||Group “B”||4200|
|Inspector of Income Tax||CBDT||Group “C”||4600|
|Divisional Accountant||Officer under CAG||Group “B”||4200|
|Up to 30 years||Assistant Enforcement Officer||Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue||Group “B”||4600|
|Sub Inspector||National Investigation Agency (NIA)||Group “B”||4200|
|Up to 32 years||Junior Statistical Officer||M/O statistics & Prog. Implementation||Group “B”||4200|
AGE RELAXATION :
|S. No.||Category||Age Relaxation|
|3.||PH + Gen||10 years|
|4.||PH + OBC||13 Years|
|5.||PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|6.||Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 years|
|7.||Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|8.||Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
SSC GCL LEVEL OF EXAMS
SSC CGL TIER – I
- SSC CGL Tier-I exam is an online mode of examination with 4 sections in total.
- The total marks for all these sections is 200 and the total time for the completion of all the sections of exam is 60 minutes.
- Total time of 80 minutes is allotted to physically handicapped students.
- 0.5 marks will be deducted from every question that is attempted wrong by a candidate.
|Section||Subjects||No of Questions||Max. Marks||Remarks||Duration|
|1.||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||-0.50 marks||60 Minutes|
SSC CGL SYLLABUS FOR TIER I EXAM :
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||General Awareness||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Classification||Static General Knowledge (Indian History, Culture etc.)||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Analogy||Science||Interest||Fill in the Blanks|
|–||Sports||Percentage||Phrases and Idioms|
|Matrix||Books and Authors||Ratio and Proportion||One word Substitution|
|Word Formation||Important Schemes||Problem on Ages||Sentence Correction|
|Venn Diagram||Portfolios||Speed, Distance and Time||Error Spotting|
|Direction and Distance||People in News||Number System|
|Verbal reasoning||Time and Work|
SSC CGL TIER – II
- SSC CGL Tier-II exam is of 200 marks. A time limit of 2 hours is given to candidates to complete each section of the Exam.
- For physically handicapped students, the cumulative time to complete Tier-II exam is increased to 2 hours 40 minutes.
- 0.25 marks is deducted as a penalty for each wrong answer.
|S. No.||Subject||No of Questions||Max. Marks||Total||Duration||Remarks|
|1.||Paper I||Quantitative Abilities||100||200||400 (I + III)||120 minutes||0.50 marks|
|2.||Paper II||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||120 minutes||0.25 marks|
|3.||Paper III||Statistics||100||200||600 (I + II + III)||120 minutes||0.50 marks|
|4.||Paper IV||General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200||600 (I + II + IV)||120 minutes||0.05 marks|
SSC CGL TIER II SYLLABUS 2018-19 :
|Quantitative Aptitude||English Language||Statistics||General Awareness|
|Simplification||Reading Comprehension||Collection and Representation of Data||Finance and Accounting|
|Interest||Spelling||Measure of Dispersion||Fundamental Principles|
|Averages||Fill in the Blanks||Measure of Central Tendency||Financial Accounting|
|Percentage||Phrases and Idioms||Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis||Basic Concepts of Accounting|
|Ratio and Proportion||One Word Substitution||Correlation and Regression||Self-Balancing Ledger|
|Speed, Distance and Time||Sentence Correction||Random Variables||Error Spotting and Correction|
|Number System||Error Spotting||Random Variables|
|Mensuration||Cloze Test||Sampling Theory||Economics and Governance|
|Data Interpretation||Para Jumbles||Analysis and Variance||Comptroller and Auditor General of India|
|Time and Work||Synonyms-Antonyms||Time Series Analysis||Finance Commission|
|Algebra||Active-Passive Voice||Index Number||Theory of Demand and Supply|
- Paper – I and Paper – II are compulsory for all the categories of posts.
- Paper – III is only for those candidates who apply for the post of “Statistical Investigator Group II and Compiler.
- Paper – IV is only for the candidates who apply for the post of “Assistant Audit Officer”
- Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in Paper-1, 3, 4 and 0.25 marks in Paper-2.
- Questions in Paper-I will be of 10th standard level, Paper-2 of 10+2 level and Paper-3 & 4 of graduation level.
- The computer will be provided by the Commission at the Centre/venue notified for the purpose. Candidates shall not be allowed to bring their own Keyboard/ Mouse.
- The exam duration is 2 Hours and 40 Minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL TIER III :
This is a (DES) descriptive exam and is conducted offline. Candidates need to write Essay/Letter/Application/Precis. This is to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi.
The best way to prepare for the same is to read lots of articles from various newspapers. Focus on the Intro. and conclusion of the Essay. Apart from this, you need to be well aware of the pattern of Letter and Application.
SSC CGL SYLLABUS OF TIER III EXAM :
- Tier-III of SSC CGL exam is a descriptive exam to analyze the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi. The mode of examination is offline and students are required to write essays, précis, application, letter etc. in this exam.
- The exam carries 100 marks and the time allotted for the same is 60 minutes.
- The time allotted for candidates belonging to PWD category is increased to 80 minutes.
- Tier-III paper is given by specific candidates who are interested only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Grade II” & “Compiler”.
SSC CGL CHSL Class near me | Best SSC Classes in Nagpur
SSC CGL TIER IV :
The Tier 4 of SSC CGL Exam 2018 comprises DEST/CPT. These are required for certain government posts.
DEST (Data Entry Speed Test) :
For the post of Tax Assistant (Central Excise and Income Tax). Any Candidate who takes CPT does not require to appear for DEST as the part 1 of CPT (Typing) will be considered for DEST evaluation.
Requirement : 8000 key depression per hour, that is 2000 key depression per 15 minutes.
Relaxation : VH Candidates will be allowed 20 minutes.
CPT (Computer Proficiency Test) :
- CSS (Assistant),
- Inspector (Central Excise) [CBEC]
- Inspector (Preventive officer)[CBEC]
- Inspector (Examiner)[CBEC]
The Commission will provide the Computer for the test. The Skill test in Computer Proficiency is a qualifying test only. It will consist of three Modules in the following manner:
(I) Word Processing Test: 2000 Key Depressions
(II) Test in spread Sheets on Microsoft Excel: 15 Minutes
(III) Test in PowerPoint (Microsoft Power Point): 15 Minutes
- After the test of Module-I is over, the candidate will have to write in his/her own handwriting one paragraph of about 50-60 words from the Data Entry passage given to him/her on a separate sheet, then only the candidate will be given the exercise sheet of Module-II.
- The candidate has to prepare spreadsheet as per the given exercise in 15 minutes and then save it with the filename as prescribed in the exercise sheet. Printout of the saved files should be taken thereafter.
- After the test of Module II is over, the candidate will be given the exercise sheet of Module III (PowerPoint) which has to be completed in 15 minutes. The candidate has to prepare presentation slides as per the exercise given and then save it as instructed above as well as print the same.
SSC CGL TIER IV SYLLABUS :
Tier-IV examination constitutes of couple of skill sets required for certain Government Posts all over the country.
- CPT (Computer Proficiency Test): Word Processing, Spread Sheets and Generation of slides are the three modules that are important for this exam and the commission demands a candidate to be proficient in it for the post of CSS, MEA, Inspector (Central Excise), Inspector (Preventive Officer), Inspector (Examiner).
- DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): For the post of Tax Assistant (Central Excise and Income Tax),DEST Exam through SSC CGL 2017 exam is conducted to check the typing speed of the candidate. The candidates are given an article in English which they have to type on Computer. A candidate is required to type 2000 words in 15 minutes.
- Tier-I and Tier-II exam is mandatory for all posts mentioned in the SSC CGL Notification of while
- Tier-III is specifically for candidates applying for the post of Statistical Investigator Grade-II and Compiler.
- Tier-IV exam is taken by candidates applying specifically for TA, CSS, MEA and Inspector.
SSC CGL Cut Off
SSC CGL TIER-I 2017 CUT OFF MARKS [REVISED] :
|AAO Post||Previous Cut Off||129.00||123.00||140.50||113.50||79.00||–||152.50||–|
|Revised Cut Off||125.50||119.00||135.50||111.50||75.00||–||148.00||–|
|JSO Post||Previous Cut Off||127.50||117.00||140.00||104.50||62.00||116.00||151.00|
|Revised Cut Off||123.50||114.50||135.50||102.00||61.00||116.00||146.50|
|For Remaining Posts||Previous Cut Off||103.00||93.00||115.00||87.00||40.00||89.50||131.00||73.50|
|Revised Cut Off||98.00||88.50||110.00||84.50||38.00||89.50||126.50||69.00|
SSC CGL TIER-I 2016 CUT OFF
|For all Posts|
SSC CGL TIER-II 2016 CUT OFF
|Category||Assistant Audit Officer||Assistant Section Officer in CSS and Assistant in MEA||Junior Statistical Officer (Grade-II)||Remaining Posts|
|Tier-I+Tier-II (Paper I+II+IV)||Tier-I + Tier-II (Paper I+II)||Tier-I + Tier-II (Paper I+II+III)||Tier-I + Tier-II (Paper I+II)|
Icon Institute`s SSC Classroom Programs
REGULAR AND WEEKEND CLASSROOM PROGRAM TIER – I
SSC CGL CHSL Class near me | Best SSC Classes in Nagpur
Duration – 4 months (plus mock test discussions) and unlimited doubt clearing sessions and special workshops
Books/ Nots provided – Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, English, General Studies
Course Duration – 2.30 hrs. (regular) | 5 hrs. (weekend)
10 mock tests (offline) and 20 online tests
Number of classes (Total – 120 hours)
Special classes offers before the actual SSC CGL Tier 1 examination
CRASH COURSE PROGRAM FOR TIER – I
- Duration-1 month (plus mock test discussions)
- Course Duration
Regular Batch-3 hrs.
- Weekend Batch-5 hrs.
- Topics covered-Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Mensuration, English Grammar
Icon Career Institute is the only institute who provides FREE SSC (CGL) TIER II coaching for its students.
WHY Join Icon Career Institute?
- Exhaustive study material based on new pattern of examination.
- Mock Test and Speed Test on every weeks.
- Online Test Series based on latest pattern of exams.
- Separate doubt classes organised for each subjects
- Lab facility for students
- Best and experienced faculty
Tags: SSC CGL Class near me | Best SSC Classes in Nagpur, SSC CGL Class near me | Best SSC Classes in Nagpur, SSC CGL Class near me | Best SSC Classes in Nagpur